Thursday, May 22, 2014

Dearest Lungs

Dearest Lungs,

 Hi. Just thought I would check in. I know you might think I pay all the attention to the brain and heart but I say with all sincerity, that is not the case. It's just that you're so good at your job. That is why I was surprised to find out about your recent protests.

My, you can be loud when you wish. Message received. Do you have an interest in a career in singing as well as drama? The whistling coming from my chest when I breathe is first rate. I have no doubt you could play symphonies should that be your desire. On the other hand, that thing you do where it sounds like a creaking door, and then a thousand ghosts screaming into the night, emmanating right from my chest- well that is pure brilliance. I am sure your talent could take you far.

However, to be fair, I must remind you that while your talent includes the above lofty pleasures, they do so at the expense of inhalation and exhalation of air. I am receiving letters of concern from the rest of the body. Some even touch on the threatening. Now, as an impartial occupant of said body, far be it for me to dissuade you from your ambitions. Yet as a heavy investor in this show, I would remind you, as the other organs have reminded me, that this is a team venture and there just is no place for prima donnas. I know that sounds harsh, but better to hear it now before it's too late.

Yes, by too late I mean the horrid threats I received if the situation is not resolved. For example, the heart is considering going on strike. The brain is just not up to full performance without you, and the direst of the threats- that the body will be discarded- involve you as well. Should that warning remain unheeded, I am afraid it would mean the end of your career and aspirations.

Thus, I write as both your fan and as a major investor in this body. Please consider a different choice within this occupation; perhaps one that would fit well within the system of organs currently on the playbill. I would like to remind you that you are one of the few to have top billing. Depending on the venue, you remain behind only the brain and sometimes the heart. Very few organs can make that claim.

An actor's choices can make or break a show. Please make the rational choice in order to continue this fantastic show and remain an integral part of the team, as well as one of its stars.

Sincerely,

 Your body's investor

No comments:

Post a Comment